Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Semester Exams and Their Importance
Semester exams can account for as much as 20% of a semester grade.
Therefore, a semester grade may be made up of these parts:
Quarter 1 = 40%
Quarter 2 = 40%
Exam = 20%
TOTAL = 100%
More importantly, semester grades are the only ones that go on official transcripts.
These transcripts are the ones that go to colleges, scholarship and training programs, and future high schools. It's very important that students maximize this time and achieve the highest possible grades for the semester.
- Make the most of the next week in terms of study and review time.
- Make sure ALL makeup or extra credit work is in and recorded.
- Check with teachers to see if you can get a printout of your current grade and assignments.
- Use Cornell notes and past tests and quizzes to review for comprehensive exams.
- Ask if anything can be re-done or re-taken, if necessary.
- Be sure to get enough rest and exercise. Eat well and be mentally prepared. Have confidence, because you have done the work up until now and you know your stuff.